242 Hour Basic Reserve
Monday, Tuesday & Thursday evenings 6-9pm and every Saturday 8am – 3pm
Program Coordinators: Erin Farrell and Chief Richard Hurley, Ret.
In order to view and print the form you will need Adobe Acrobat. If you do not have it, download it now.
Schedule of Basic Reserve Training classes:
The night Basic Reserve Program runs from 6:00PM – 9:00PM on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and every Saturday from 8:00 AM – 3:00 PM (Defensive Tactics classes are held 6:30-9:30). Our class schedule is as follows:
Class #1 – Begins September 9, 2013 with Orientation. The first night of classes will be held on September 30, 2013
Class #2 - January 2014
Tuition is set at $1200 plus uniforms, books and other training materials. Required texts can be ordered online from Commonwealth Police Service at www.commonwealthpolice.net. Texts include Basic Elements (Criminal Law) and Criminal Procedure for as well as the Motor Vehicle Law Text.
All classes will be held at the academy located at 35 Neponset Street in Foxborough. You may email Basic Reserve Coordinator Erin Farrell at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a message for her at 508-543-0632. Applications can be faxed to 508-543-0633.
* Classes may be canceled if enrollment is insufficient. Pre-registration is, therefore, essential! Applications should be submitted as early as possible to ensure a class will run as scheduled.
DOCUMENTATION NEEDED PRIOR TO ADMISSION TO THE 242 HOUR PROGRAM
- Properly executed MPTC Training Application (signed by the Chief Executive Officer and student officer). (original signatures only-faxed copies will only be used to reserve a seat in the course).
- Certification of emergency medical insurance coverage, issued resultant either from employment by the sponsoring agency or from a policy executed by and between the applicant and a private insurance carrier.
- No personal checks or credit cards accepted. Tuition is due on the first night of class.
- * Attire – The uniform for the Basic Reserve Program will be announced at Orientation. The dress code for this program will be strictly enforced.
- All correspondence should be mailed to:
Erin Farrell, Program Coordinator
South Suburban Police Institute, Inc.
P.O. Box 205
Millis, MA 02054
See Program Coordinators Erin Farrell and Chief Richard Hurley, Ret. in the staff office when classes are in session or leave a message at 508-543-0632.